The Board of the Commission comprises of;
- The Chairman
- The Secretary who shall be the Director-General of the Commission.
- One representative each of;
- the Ministry of Health, not below the rank of a Director
- the Ministry of Economic Planning, not below the rank of a Director
- the Ministry of Justice, not below the rank of a Director
- the Ministry of Education, not below the rank of a Director
- the Nigeria Employers Consultative Association, Edo State Branch
- the Nigerian Labour Congress, Edo State Chapter
- the Trade Union Congress, Edo State Chapter
- the Edo State Civil Society Organizations
- A representative of the NHIS
- A representative of the office of the Secretary to the State Government, not below the rank of a Director
- A representative of the Office of the Head of Service not below the rank of a Director
- A representative of Edo State House of Assembly, not below the rank of a Director
The Director-General is the Chief Executive/Accounting officer of the Commission. The Commission has Eight established departments, for now, headed by Eight Directors. Other Departments may be created in the nearest future for effective service delivery.
The Departments of the Commission are;
- Department of Healthcare services, standards and claims management
- Department of Administration and Human Resources
- Department of Finance and Accounts
- Department of Planning, Research and Statistics.
- Department of Legal Services and Dispute Management
- Department of Business Development and Marketing
- Department of Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Department of Information Communication Technology and Customer Support
Healthcare providers under the scheme are classified into;
- Preventive and life-style medicine
- Home care and Geriatric Services
- Emergency ambulatory Services.
This classification is based on the infrastructure, equipment and human resource present in a facility. Some of the recognized Primary Healthcare (PHC) facilities are publicly owned and controlled by Edo State Primary Health Care Development Agency (EDSPHCDA) and privately owned PHCs that have been contracted by the Commission. Some of the recognized Secondary health care (SHC) facilities include Public General hospital and its equivalents and privately owned hospitals equipped to offer designated specialist services. A secondary facility can render the same services as a Tertiary. Pharmaceutical and Diagnostics will provide services based on referrer from health care providers. The Health Insurance Scheme will be responsible for claims reimbursement for the Emergency Ambulatory Services credited under the scheme
The Pioneer Director-General of the Edo State Health Insurance Commission, Dr. Rock Amegor was appointed in August 2019. Since his appointment, the dynamic leader has championed amazing projects geared towards putting the Edo State Health Insurance Commission in the frontier of other Health Insurance Companies in the Country.
Dr. Rock Amegor acquired his First degree in Medicine and Surgery from the Prestigious University of Benin and certifications from various colleges including the Mayo Clinic and Research institute, USA. He has worked at National Assembly Clinic and Gwarimpa General Hospital as a medical officer in the earlier part of his career and has also left his footprint at the National Hospital Abuja as a Family Physician.
Dr. Rock Amegor has spent most of his personal career and business experience helping to bridge the social gap within the confines of his immediate society. As a primary school pupil, he was known for bringing about equality amongst students and fighting for the oppressed.
Through his specialization as a Family Physician at the National Hospital, Abuja, he was involved in many hands-on experience with non-profit and public sector environment. He understands the principles of business that brings about longevity, desirability and profitability.
The Director- General is also known for his vast knowledge in managing markets for Health, strategic Health financing and Administration. He is a Family Physician with profound knowledge in medicine, pediatrics, dentistry and public health practices.
In his strive to ensure a sustainable State Health Insurance Scheme, the Director-General continues to implore the use of ICT to drive the success of the various Health Plans. With the Dedication of our amiable leader, we are certain that the scheme is destined for success.