- To regulate, supervise, implement and ensure effective administration of the state contributory health insurance scheme
- Ensure every resident of the state has access to good health care services.
- Ensure all residents have financial protection as a result of huge medical challenges.
- “To strengthen the foundation of the Edo State Healthcare system by reducing out-of-pocket spending and improve access to effective, efficient sustainable and quality healthcare services to Edo residents”
- “To develop and sustain better access to healthcare services for Edo State residents through community-based contributory programs and deliberate stakeholder involvement"
- "To achieve Universal Health Coverage goals in Edo State by providing adequate financial access to healthcare to 50% of Edo residents by 2024"